Drivers & Owner Operators
Open Range Transport is seeking drivers who want to be apart of something more than just a driver they want to ride for the brand!
We are looking for Class A Commercial Licensed Professional Drivers who are responsible for the safe and timely delivery of Freight to our customers. You will be assigned with driving and maintaining trucks assigned to you, as well as working closely with our team of dispatchers, mechanics in order to ensure the safe on time pickup and delivery of our customers goods.
Successful candidates driving record must meet or exceed our requirements which are strictly enforced by our safety department and must pass a drug and alcohol test.
Our Driver Responsibilities:
- Drive Local/regional routes assigned to pick up and/or deliver goods to customers.
- We are a No Touch Company which means our drivers driver and do not load or unload trailers
- Review and ensure freight loaded on trailers is set to ride and properly secured prior to departing
- Ensure all deliveries meet customers’ requirements and assist in notating improper loading or potential damages to dispatch
- We are upgrading our equipment and expect driver to maintain the trucks to a clean & Safe Standard
- Refuel and record keeping of all fuel transaction turned in daily.
- Report road incidents to the Safety team
- Follow traffic laws
- Inspect trucks and record issues (pre-trip/Post trip required)
- Follow accident procedures and work with Safety team
- Ensure logs for hours and activities are up to date in our ELD units by Zonar
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel
- Plan routes using GPS system
- Effectively Communicate with Dispatch anytime freight maybe delayed
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers.
- Keep commercial driver license up to date.
CLASS A Drivers - General Qualifications:
- Must be at least 22 years of age
- Must meet ALL DOT requirements and qualifications
- Two (2) years minimum CDL driving experience
- No Severe driving violations within past 12 months
- NO HOS OOS Violations within the last 3 months
- No Driving under the influence of any substance of any kind within 3 years
- No Felonies within the last 5 years